母亲逼婚:家族生存之计

类别:剧情电影

母亲向Rose揭示家族财务困境,力劝她嫁给Cal以求生存。

时长 50 秒 · 语速 164 wpm

字幕原文

Oh, stop it, Mother. 噢,别这样,妈妈。

You'll give yourself a nosebleed. 你会把自己弄得流鼻血的。

This is not a game. 这不是一场游戏。

Our situation is precarious. 我们的处境岌岌可危。

You know the money's gone. 你知道钱已经没了。

Of course I know it's gone. 我当然知道钱没了。

You remind me every day. 你每天都提醒我。

Your father left us nothing but a legacy of bad debts hidden by a good name. 你父亲什么也没给我们留下, 除了一个被好名声掩盖的烂摊子。

That name is the only card we have to play. 那个名声是我们唯一能打的牌了。

I don't understand you. 我不明白你。

It is a fine match with Huckley. 这和哈克利是一桩好亲事。

It will ensure our survival. 这将确保我们的生存。

How can you put this on my shoulders? 你怎么能把这个重担压在我肩上?

Why are you being so selfish? 你为什么这么自私?

I'm being selfish. 我自私?

Do you want to see me working as a seamstress? 你想看到我去做 裁缝吗?

Is that what you want? 那是你想要的吗?

To see our fine things sold at auction? 看到我们那些好东西被拍卖?

Our memories scattered to the winds? 我们的回忆随风飘散?

It's so unfair. 这太不公平了。

Of course it's unfair. 当然不公平。

We're women. 我们是女人。

Our choices are never easy. 我们的选择从来都不容易。