柴郡猫的指点
类别:经典文学
爱丽丝向柴郡猫问路,猫给出哲学式回答,并指出周围的人都疯了,最后只留下笑容消失。
时长 65 秒 · 语速 162 wpm
字幕原文
Cheshire puss, Alice began timidly. 柴郡猫, 爱丽丝怯生生地开口了。
Would you tell me, please, 请你告诉我,
which way I ought to go from here? 我该从这儿往哪条路走呢?
That depends a good deal on where you want to get to, said the cat. 猫说,那很大程度上取决于你想去哪儿。
I don't much care where, said Alice. 爱丽丝说,我不太在乎去哪儿。
Then it doesn't matter which way you go, replied the cat. 猫回答说,那么你走哪条路都无所谓了。
Alice tried another question. What sort of people live about here? 爱丽丝又问了一个问题。这附近住着什么样的人呢?
In that direction, the cat said, waving its right paw, lives a hatter. 猫挥舞着右爪说,往那个方向,住着一个疯帽子。
And in that direction, waving the other, lives a march hare. 往那个方向,它挥舞着另一只爪子说,住着一只三月兔。
Visit either you like. They're both mad. 你喜欢拜访哪个就拜访哪个吧。他们都疯了。
But I don't want to go among mad people, Alice remarked. 爱丽丝说,可是我不想和疯子待在一起。
Oh, you can't help that, said the cat. 猫说,哦,你对此无能为力。
We're all mad here. 我们这儿所有人都疯了。
I'm mad, you're mad. 我疯了, 你疯了。
As Alice watched, the cat began to vanish slowly, 爱丽丝看着,猫开始慢慢消失,
starting with the end of its tail and ending with its grin, 从尾巴尖开始, 最后只剩下它的笑容,
which stayed for some time after the rest was gone. 笑容停留了一会儿, 在它身体的其他部分都消失之后。
Well, 嗯,
I've often seen a cat without a grin, thought Alice, but a grin without a cat? 爱丽丝想,我经常看到没有笑容的猫,但没有猫的笑容?
It's the most curious thing I ever saw. 这真是我见过最稀奇古怪的事情了。